Saturday, June 14, 2008

Something Uplifting

I bought a few new CDs this week. Two of them are of Libera, a boy's choir from London. "Angel Voices" and "Free". I listened to "Angel Voices" on Thursday and was completely uplifted and moved. I'm spreading the wealth, so to speak.

Here is a link to YouTube of Libera performing "Sanctus". It is based on Pachelbel's Canon in D. The words of the song are in Latin. These CDs are my current favorites! Believe me, if you haven't heard Libera you haven't heard all that a boy's choir can do. The embedding code is disabled so I can't post the video here on my blog. Just follow this link.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

MAGNIFICENT!

Cathy said...

AWESOME!! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful....simply wonderful! Thank you for this introduction to some beautiful music!

Though raised as a Lutheran, I attended a High Episcopal school for most of my education. (Years of Latin, included...which I loved!) Even though Nmom just wanted me to attend a 'name-dropping' school....I got soooo very much out of it for my own reasons. I would beg to attend regular church services there every once in a while because the hymns and prayers and choir were so fitting to my heart. The first 'awe and wonder' I ever felt about God! Many of the songs were in Latin....I loved it....just loved it.

Thank you for stirring up some OldSoul in me...Bless you.

summerstorm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh man, Anna, thanks for this link. Never heard of them, angel voices is right. And I'm a hard rock lover! These guys are really ethereal. Unreal and beautiful. Thanks again.